The Scholarship Program is Available Nationally to Students living with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus in Canada. Apply Now!
The 2024 Dr. E Bruce Hendrick National Scholarship program is now OPEN for applications to all Canadian students living with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus!
The Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Scholarship Program was established to encourage and support students with hydrocephalus and/or spina bifida to develop independence and responsibility for their own future educational directions; and to assist students to pursue higher education with the ultimate goal of obtaining a degree or graduate certificate or diploma.
Named in honour of Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick as a tribute to his dedication, on-going support and outstanding service to our members.
Purpose: The Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Scholarship Program was established to encourage and support students with hydrocephalus and/or spina to develop independence and responsibility for their own future educational directions; and to assist students to pursue higher education with the ultimate goal of obtaining a degree or graduate certificate or diploma.
Where Valid: The awards are valid at any accredited Canadian university or college, technical or trade school, career institute or school of business.
Value: Number and amount of awards will be decided on a yearly basis.
Duration: One academic year.
Administration: The program is administered by Hydrocephalus Canada.
Eligibility: Open to Canadian citizens with hydrocephalus and/or spina bifida residing in the country.
Selection Process: The selection of the award recipient will be made by the Program Advisory Committee. When making its decision, this committee will take into account the applicant’s motivation, self-awareness, and goal setting, as well as potential for success.
Notification Deadline: Notification of awards will be made in June annually
Application Deadline: April 30, 2024 (Applications received after this time can not be considered).
Obligation of Recipients: Recipients must enter/attend their chosen academic program in the year of application. Requests for deferment will be considered only in unusual circumstances such as illness. Proof of registration must be submitted before the award can be paid out. In the event that the student does not complete the academic program, they must submit documentation stating the reasons for their inability to complete the proposed course load in order to be considered for future scholarships.
Award Recipients Can Receive Up To $5 000 in funding to put towards their post-secondary education!
Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick National Scholarship Application 2024
Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick National Scholarship Medical Form 2024
The completed 2024 application must be returned by mail to the address above, along with the following:
- Academic transcripts, including the most recently completed semester. For students still in secondary school, a copy of the second semester mid-term report, or, if the school is not semestered, a copy of the last report issued;
- The medical assessment form (not required if you have previously applied, unless your situation has changed);
- One letter of reference from an adult other than a family member, such as a minister, youth group leader, coach, volunteer supervisor or employer;
- One letter of reference from a teacher, principal, guidance counsellor. If you are already attending a post-secondary institution, one letter must be from one of your professors or instructors.
- Letter from you (the applicant) describing why you think you are deserving of this award-this is your opportunity to tell us about yourself; how spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus has impacted your education and your life in general; a goal you set for yourself and how you achieved it; and any other information that you feel would be helpful for the Program Advisory Committee to make their decision.
Students across Canada can apply for the Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Scholarship for individuals with hydrocephalus and/or spina bifida living anywhere in Canada.
Please send all documents by mail to the following address:
Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Scholarship Program
16 Four Seasons Place, Suite 111
We will accept all documents by email to email@example.com