Help Us Continue June Awareness Conversations Throughout the Year!
Join us in continuing to support Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida in Canada
This past month was Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus (SB&H) Awareness month in Canada. It is estimated that 120,000 Canadians are living with hydrocephalus. 85% of those impacted by hydrocephalus also have spina bifida. Hydrocephalus Canada (HC) bridges research, awareness and innovation with advocacy, education and support to empower people impacted by hydrocephalus and spina bifida to experience their best life. To highlight the conditions and celebrate those living with the conditions, HC and other Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus organizations across Canada have encouraged our communities to raise awareness through various activities and fundraising campaigns.
This June was extra impactful for us because our organization is celebrating 50 years of incredible service and leadership. Over the past five decades, Hydrocephalus has achieved remarkable milestones, impacting countless lives through its programs, initiatives and services. From providing support groups to the community to advocating for more brain health research in Canada, the organization has consistently demonstrated its commitment to creating lasting change.
We encourage you to continue getting involved in fundraising activities to spread awareness in your communities, while sharing your engagement online. Check out how you can get involved and celebrate with us.
Please Continue To Support Our Dream Circle Monthly Giving Program
The Dream Circle monthly giving program provides a sustainable, ongoing source of funding that allows us to continue to do all that we need to do, while also reducing administrative costs. Your monthly gift will help us to find the answers our families, friends, — and everyone affected by spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus so desperately needs. By joining the Dream Circle, you will take us one step closer to our dream – the healthiest life possible for those with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
We appreciated your support of our Dream Circle monthly giving program throughout the month of June and encourage you to continue to contribute to donate throughout the rest of the year!
Share on Social Media
Please continue to help us spread the word by sharing our message! By sharing social posts on your channels, you’re helping us reach more people and raise awareness about SB&H. Let’s create a positive impact and inspire others to join our mission. Share now and be a part of the change! #SpreadTheWord #MakeADifference #SBHTOGETHER
Ways to Show Support:
- Share or print our SB&H Poster
- Show your support on social media by using the following hashtag #SBHTogether
- Forward this social toolkit to your own friends, family and community. Spread the word!
- We want to continue highlighting SB&H stories in the coming months. Share your story with us today!
Host a Spirit Wheel Walk Run This Summer
Register your very own Spirit Wheel Walk Run (SWWR) Awareness and Fundraising event for sometime this Summer! A SWWR can be any type of activity, such as an online Facebook fundraiser, lemonade stand or in-person walk/wheel/run in your favourite park or local neighbourhood. The fun part is you get to be creative with your event and invite your family and friends to join you in raising awareness and funds for the SB& H community!
Check out Troy’s Trail to see how they have been raising awareness in Sault Ste. Marie as they celebrate 12 years of making a difference in their community.
More Ways to Show Support:
Par for the Cause
We announced earlier this month our 16th Annual Charity Golf Tournament in support of programs and services for HC is back this September. Check out all our details HERE and make sure to sign up for your foursome early.
Show support for Hydrocephalus Canada by wearing blue and snapping a selfie; don’t forget to tag us on social media:
If you have questions about spina bifida, hydrocephalus or how you can support any of these causes, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer for Hydrocephalus Canada
Volunteers are the foundation of Hydrocephalus Canada. Through your governance and leadership, we are able to deliver vital programs and services to those who need it, as well as raise funds and awareness in the process. We have volunteer positions for everyone, including those interested in:
- Providing Individual supports (for all ages)
- Assisting at events
- Becoming a part of the Board of Directors
Please contact us at email@example.com to get started!
Make A Donation
- Donate online using our secure donation form
- Call us between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 800-375-1575 to donate over the phone
- Fax your donation to 416-214-1446
- Complete a written donation form and mail it to us at:
16 Four Seasons Place, Suite 111
Become a Member of Hydrocephalus Canada
When you become a member of Hydrocephalus Canada, you become part of a family united by a common cause. Membership is available to individuals:
- Of all ages
- Living with/connected to someone living with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus
- Located anywhere in Canada
- Up-to-date information about spina bifida and hydrocephalus through our Resource Centre, as well as additional research and webinars
- Additional complimentary publications and information sheets providing updated information about spina bifida, hydrocephalus and current events
- Support for adults and parents through our Support Group Meetings and toll-free help line
- Attending our Annual General Meeting to vote for and become more involved with the Board of Directors
- Access to scholarship and bursary programs available to students of any age living with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus
- Opportunity to volunteer to help provide programs, services and awareness for Hydrocephalus Canada
- So much more!
Your membership with Hydrocephalus Canada will help support vital community programs and services including:
- Toll-free telephone line for access to support and information
- Support programs for parents, youth and adults
- Scholarship programs
- Research initiatives
- Resource Centre
- Informational Materials
- programs offered through Teaching Awareness Through Puppetry
- Workshops and conferences
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) representatives
- Advocacy FOlic Acid awareness (including “It’s Never Too Early” Awareness Campaign)
- Public awareness materials for June as Spina Bifida and Hydrocpephalus Awareness Month
If you would like to become a member of Hydrocephalus Canada, please complete a membership form and mail it to us at
16 Four Seasons Place, Suite 111
Alternatively, completed membership forms can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance completing the form at any time, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 800-387-1575.
Presentations and Displays
HC attends info fairs, sets up display booths and offers presentations to raise awareness of the conditions and the organizations.