Print PageSend by email
Meet our Ocotober artist, Gabriel Bouchard from Chelmsford and read about him and his art:
Gabriel is 8 years old, from Chelmsford, outside Sudbury. He developed Hydrocephalus at the age of 1. He was born with a cyst that was actually pushing the whole left hemisphere of his brain into his skull. Since 2 years of age he has had 4 brain surgeries. 2 shunt insertions and 2 revisions. He is now learning French as a second language!
1. How did you come up with the idea for this drawing that is included inside the calendar.
My teacher asked me to paint an animal. I picked a turtle because it made me think of my mom.
2. Why do you like drawing/painting or taking pictures?
Art is something fun for me to do when I am bored.
3. How did you feel when you heard your artwork was selected for the TGIF Calendar?
I was really hoping to see my own painting in a calendar. I thought that idea was really neat.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
I like to play games on my tablet, play with my friends, and I also collect rocks.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
An actor for 1 movie, and then a Scientist.